Salmon Pâté is a fantastic way to not only use up leftover salmon, but just to make for the sheer delicious-ness of it. It takes less than 10 minutes and is a crowd pleaser and whilst we love our smoked mackerel pate, if all our raving about it hasn’t worked and your still a little hesitant to serve it, salmon is always a crowd pleaser.
This is such a simple recipe, but one that’s bound to impress (and be eaten almost as quick as it’s made). Great for using up any leftover salmon it can be made ahead of time, so you can get on with hosting your guests.
Timings: 5 minutes plus chilling time
- 200g cooked salmon
- 200g cream cheese
- zest and juice of one lemon
- bunch of parsley
- Sourdough bread to serve
- Flake the salmon, making sure any bones are removed
- Place into a food processor, along with the cream cheese and parsley and blend until smooth
- Add the zest and juice of one lemon and fold together
- Taste for seasoning (depending on the kind of salmon you used it might be salty enough already
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving
- Serve with some sliced sourdough and get guests to tuck in!