We love a prawn cocktail and if you’re on this recipe we’re sure you do too. This is a great starter or light (cheeky) lunch and we’ve put our Gill’s twist on this classic adding mango vodka.
Ingredients (serves 2):
Timings: 10 minutes
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp good mayonnaise (if you’re feeling ambitious make your own)
- 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tsps Mango vodka (we added a little extra… it was the weekend)
For the salad
- 200g prawns (we suggest king and raw if you can find them)
- 1 little gem lettuces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- 2 sticks of celery
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl and whisk to loosen, then add the other ingredients and taste, adjust by adding more to your liking (we won’t judge the extra vodka).
- Place a celery stick upright in each of the glasses. Now prop them up like a drunk in a bar with the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber and top with all the prawns apart from one if you want to do step 3, if not get a good dollop of sauce on top and you’re ready to go.
- If you’re feeling fancy adorn your glass by placing a prawn on the edge and adding a slice of lemon. Drizzle over the sauce and enjoy your tasty cocktail.