If you haven’t already discovered, we are a big fans of octopus. We have recently discovered how to easily cook it at home and have been coming up with recipes ever since! One octopus will give you plenty for a couple recipes (we have already posted our octopus, kohlrabi and fennel salad) and this is another quick, easy and flavoursome way to use the ingredient.
Now we are in to September we are already missing those summer evenings, and our holidays in the sun. This dish immediately conjures up memories of being in Spain (and of some sunshine!).
It works great as a starter or as part of a selection of tapas dishes. Equally you could make this for two as a dinner and serve with a lovely green salad with tomatoes – close your eyes and you could be on holiday again!
Ingredients (serves 4 as a starter):
- 1/2 small octopus (you can use the rest in another of our recipes)
- 4 small potatoes
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- Small bunch of parsley
- Half a lemon slice to serve
- 100g chorizo
- Start off by prepping the octopus as per this recipe. Once the octopus is cooked and cooled you can move on to the below.
- Wash four small potatoes and dice into chunks around one cm. We left the skin in as we found it added some additional texture to the dish.
- Add the potatoes to a pan of boiling water and cook on a high heat for three minutes.
- Drain and place on kitchen roll to get rid of the excess water.
- Get a frying pan on a high heat and add the olive oil. Once smoking add the potatoes and saute for around five minutes until they start to go golden brown and crispy.
- Whilst the potatoes cook dice the chorizo and the garlic cloves.
- Add to the pan, along with the smoked paprika, and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the octopus and cook for a further two minutes to heat through. The potatoes should have picked up the colour from the paprika and chorizo oil.
- Place into a dish and top with chopped parsley, drizzle the chilli oil and serve with a slice of lemon.